My recipes for haircare, as I presented them on the “MORNING SHOW” on ANT1 TV with Fay Skorda.
How to grow your hair easily and quickly
To grow our hair quickly, we must keep the ends moisturised and smooth so that they don’t split, and we must stimulate blood circulation of the hair roots. When there is good circulation at the roots, our hair nourishes well, and it grows stronger and faster!
Tips for strong hair ends:
1) Apply olive oil to the ends of your hair every time before washing it, for 20 minutes.
2) Don’t rub the ends together while washing your hair.
3) Always detangle your hair with a conditioning cream.
4) Protect the ends with 2-3 drops of oil before styling.
5) Don’t cut your hair too often.
6) Don’t wash your hair every day.
Tips for strong hair roots:
1) Massage the hair roots with your fingertips every day for 2-3 minutes.
2) Bathe with hot water, but try to use warm or cool water for the final rinse if you can.
Hair mask for healthy ends (nutrition, repair, shine)
(1-2 times a week)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Half a tablespoon of thyme honey
- Half a teaspoon of tahini
- A little olive oil
Lightly heat the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and uniform and apply it to the hair starting from half way down the length of the hair, to the ends.
Wrap hair in cling film first, and then in a warm towel which has been pre-heated for a few minutes in the oven at 50 degrees. Allow the mask to absorb for 30 minutes. Wash hair by first applying shampoo and then water.
Spray for hair loss, for rich, long hair (every night)
- 100 ml of distilled water
- 60 ml of raki or tsipouro (Greek alcoholic beverages)
- 10 drops of sage essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
Shake well before use. Massage a little of the mixture to the hair roots with the fingertips every night.
Leave the mixture on your hair throughout the night to absorb. It is non-greasy, so your hair doesn’t need to be washed in the morning.